Güeyu Mar Conservas Experience
Abel Álvarez of Asturias’s lauded Güeyumar restaurant caught two fish with one net when he developed Güeyu Mar chargrilled canned foods: the perfect way to bring distinguished palates around the world an 100% homemade gourmet experience straight from his grill, and a solution to employ his team year round. We love these charcoal-grilled delights almost as much as we value that kind of dedication to sustainable employment! This charming kit is conservas culture manifest – perfect to eat right away, and also boxed up nicely for a gift, including:
- Calamar de Otro Planeta, 6oz can – Squid in its ink with a slight touch of charcoal and a spectacular ink sauce, dense but delicate. Truly a conserva from another planet.
- Sardines Chargrilled, 5.3oz can – Sardine tails from Asturias and Rias Baixas, according to season. They are cut by hand, roasted with oak wood and preserved in extra virgin olive oil Arbequino de Torre Canena, a high quality and smooth oil that does not detract from the sardine.
- Cockles Chargrilled, 5.3oz can – Cockle braised with a mixture of birch, beech and oak woods, and canned with extra virgin olive oil from Arberquino from Torre de Canena. With a touch of habanero pepper.
- Cúrate Salsa de Aperitivo – our housemade vinegar based condiment with Spanish paprika, garlic and black pepper, best with tinned seafood, potato chips, or even avocado toast
- Torres Potato Chips – Award-winning Spanish potato chips, fried in 100% olive oil
This package requires no preparation.