Chef Katie Button’s first cookbook, the upcoming “Cúrate: Authentic Spanish Food from an American Kitchen,” is garnering buzz in the food industry. Published by Flatiron Books and to be released October 11, the book shares Spanish recipes from Button’s Asheville restaurant Cúrate Tapas Bar and more favorites for the home cook.
Eater.com included the book on a list, “Restaurants in Book Form: The Biggest New Cookbooks of 2016,” along with books from chefs like Marcus Samuelsson and Ashley Christensen. Button’s book is highly-anticipated by foodies everywhere, due to her mastery of authentic Spanish cuisine.
“Whether you are looking to incorporate restaurant-proven techniques into your own cooking or simply want a memento of an all-time favorite meal, these are the books that capture the best of dining out in 2016.
Katie Button is the chef behind the acclaimed restaurant Cúrate — the unlikely Spanish tapas destination in Asheville, NC. This is her debut cookbook, which aims to present Spanish recipes for the American cook, paying special attention to incorporating American ingredients. Restaurant nerds will appreciate the foreword from the legendary Ferran Adrià.”
The book also contains a foreword from Chef José Andrés and photos by Evan Sung. More information about Button’s cookbook, with news and updates on events, is available at www.curatecookbook.com. There is a newsletter signup on the site to receive announcements. From Asheville to Spain and everywhere in between, Chef Button’s cookbook is the perfect addition to any kitchen.
Also on Eater’s cookbook list:
- My Two Souths: Blending the Flavors of India Into a Southern Kitchen by Asha Gomez
- Taste & Technique: Recipes From a Self-Taught Chef by Naomi Pomeroy with Jamie Feldmar
- The Adventures of Fat Rice by Abe Conlon, Adrienne Lo and Hugh Amano
- Everything I Want to Eat: Sqirl and the New California Cooking by Jessica Koslow
- The Del Posto Cookbook by Mark Ladner
- Poole’s: Recipes and Stories from a Modern Diner by Ashley Christensen
- El Celler De Can Roca by Joan Roca, Josep Roca and Jordi Roca
- Eataly: Contemporary Italian Cooking
- Big Bad Breakfast: The Most Important Book of the Day by John Currence
- Dinner at the Long Table by Andrew Tarlow and Anna Dunn
- The Red Rooster Cookbook: The Story of Food and Hustle in Harlem by Marcus Samuelsson
- The London Cookbook: Recipes from the Restaurants, Cafes, and Hole-in-the-Wall Gems of a Modern City by Aleksandra Crapanzano
Read why each of these books is worth adding to your collection here.